Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Philippine Places To Go To

Political map of the Bicol Region, Philippines...Image via Wikipedia
From my article, My Bucket List, the first thing that I listed is to visit all the famed Philippine tourist spots.  It would be a shame on my part if I were to fly to distant lands and be a stranger in my own country. It's a good thing that airplane fares do not cost as much as they used to.  As Cebu Pacific would like to say, it's time every Juan flies.  With the price wars being waged by the different airlines, what would be the reason for not flying?

Foremost on my list of places to go to would be the wonders of the Bicol region.  Would you believe that I haven't seen or interacted with the butanding or whale shark from Donsol, Sorsogon?  It's really a pity that I haven't been there when Donsol is less than an hour's drive from our hometown of Sorsogon City.  I flinched when friends ask me how it is interacting with the butandings.  Aside from Donsol, I would like to explore the unspoilt beaches of southern Sorsogon.  Heard so much about their beaches but was too much of a coward  to travel past Gubat, Sorsogon.

Butanding
Albay boasts of the Misibis, an upscale resort in Bacacay.  Just recently, Embarcadero has made waves as the in-place when in Legaspi City.

Misibis
Who hasn't heard of Caramoan in Camarines Sur?  Caramoan, with its white sand beaches and rugged terrain, put the Philippines back to the world map when it was the site of one of the Survivor series.  It is touted to be the next flagship of Philippine tourism though the government has to do something with infrastructure.  The nearest airport, Pili, is at least two hours away by land and sea.

Caramoan
 http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3582/3854713237_7e9694d659.jpg

CWC or Camsur Watersports Complex is a manmade watersports park for wakeboarding, waterskiing, and wakeskating.  A lot of young people, Filipinos and foreigners alike, troop to CWC in Pili, Camarines Sur to indulge in those activities.  I would like to try my hand in wakeboarding.  I should have a very patient teacher or I might be traumatized for life of the water.

CWC

http://www.psychosanctum.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/CWC-1-791x528.jpg


Calaguas Island in Camarines Norte is slowly becoming the travel destination of backpackers. It hasn't attracted families yet as lodgings and room accommodations are not yet in place.  It has  remained untouched but up to when?  They say that after spending time in Calaguas, Boracay will just be a figment of one's imagination. 

The untouched beauty of Calaguas.  Thanks to Louise Lizano for the photo.
Further west lies Palawan.  I think Palawan is heaven here on earth because of its natural wonders.  I just have to save up enough money to go to Palawan.  Resorts are pretty much catered towards the upper class.  

Cebu, Bohol and Mindanao cannot be outdone.  Each of these places has lots of tourist attractions that would make one's vacation truly memorable.  

I better start surfing for the best travel packages around.  No need to look elsewhere.  The Philippines has a lot to offer.  

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment